Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

Baby Vision Board

As our baby's due date approaches (9/10/12), I am having such a great time creating a space for her that will be cosy, sweet, and girly, but not too "baby-ish."  I know there are interior design board sites that will help you pull a room together like olioboard.com and sweethome3d.com, but I prefer the more archaic version I created on Microsoft Word.  I tried using Olioboard, but I didn't like the fact that you were limited to the brands they had on their site.  Sweethome3d is good, but you have to learn the program and I didn't feel like it at the time, so maybe I'll try it again when I have more time patience.  Any hoo, the Word version is really easy.  You just open up a new file and insert pictures you have saved to a file.  It's important to upload each file at a time and change each image to "wrap text" as either "behind text" or "in front of text."  This gives you the ability to move the images around the page as you like.  I created the picture labels by using the text box feature.  You can also change the page color by using the pre-set colors or making a custom color of your own like I did. 

I know what you are thinking...get with the program, Katherine...and I will, some day.  But for now, this tool worked perfectly for my needs. 

I can't wait to see how the room comes together!

Katherine

1 comment: